The A3500 is the latest, arguably the best blender in the Vitamix lineup. As part of the modern Ascent Series, it’s as high-tech as it gets. The 750, on the other hand, is a mainstay in the professional lineup of Vitamix blenders. Vitamix designed it as an upgrade and replacement for the ever-popular 750. Which one is the best blender between the two?
We think the A3500 wins out for home use, but the 750 isn’t bad either. Read through our comparison guide below of the Vitamix a3500 vs 750 for more details.
Vitamix a3500 vs 750 : Which One is Better?
The A3500 is better for most people:
- The A3500 is for home use and can make medium quantities of food.
- It comes with a nice touch screen interface that’s a joy to use.
- You can control it with the help of a phone app.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
- High-tech features like the programmable timer and the self-detect technology are useful additions.
- It costs the same as the 750.
Key Differences between the A3500 and the 750
- Controls: The A3500 has a LED display with touchscreen controls. The 750, on the other hand, comes with a manual speed control dial.
- Bluetooth: You can connect your smartphone to the A3500 using Bluetooth. The appliance comes with a phone app with over 600 recipes.
- Design: The A3500, with the container attached, is slightly shorter than the 750. It has dimensions of 8.5” x 8.5” x 17.25, while the 750 is 11” x 8” x 17”.
- Weight: The A3500 is heavier than the 750, possibly because it offers extra features. The A3500 weighs 14.92lbs while the 750 weighs 12.46lbs.
- Warranty: The A3500 comes with a 10-year warranty. Like all Vitamix warranties, it covers everything, from shipping to labor. The 750 has a slightly shorter 7-year warranty.
- Power cord: The A3500 has a 4-foot power cord while the 750 has a 6-foot power cord. For the latter, you can put the power cord in a special storage base.
- Container: While both the A3500 and the 750 have a 64oz container, they are different in design and shape. The A3500’s container is compatible with “SelfDetect” technology. Further, it has a clear handle and top. The container on the 750 doesn’t.
- Self-detect: The A3500 has SelfDetect technology. That means the blender will detect and adjust itself based on the container you attach to it.
- Use-cases: Vitamix made the A3500 mainly for home use, while the 750 is a “professional-grade” blender. You can run it all day and make vast quantities of food.
- Features: The A3500 has some extra features like wireless connectivity, a programmable timer, self-detect, and a phone app.
Similarities between the A3500 and the 750
- Power: Both the A3500 and the 750 have 2.2HP motors. You can expect smooth, fine blends with either machine.
- Preset programs: Both the A3500 and the 750 come with 5 preset programs. You can quickly make your favorite food in a hassle-free way.
- Tamper: The A3500 and the 750 both come with the standard-sized Vitamix tamper. You use the tamper to push food into the blades every once in a while.
- Price: The A3500 and the 750 are both premium blenders with a steep asking price, costing $500+ at the time of this writing.
- Quality: Regardless of whether you get the A3500 or the 750, you won’t have anything to complain about in the quality department. Both blenders offer the Vitamix signature quality and sturdy build.
- Ease-of-use: The A3500 and the 750 are both equally easy-to-use, though your mileage will vary. The A3500 has a touchscreen interface while the 750 old-school conventional controls. Both schemes have their pros and cons.
- What you can make: You can make whatever you like in either blender. You can make wet and dry foods, including hummus, smoothies, vegan juices, and nut butter. You can also make hot foods like soup.
- Performance: While the A3500 has some extra features like self-detect technology, there isn’t much difference between the two blenders when it comes to performance.
- Finish: Both blenders come with the same stainless steel finish. This means you can expect them to stand the test of time.
The Vitamix A3500 Brushed Stainless Steel Blender
- Power: 2.2 HP.
- Jar Capacity: 64oz.
- Speeds: Variable infinite speeds.
- Pulse Control: Yes.
- Type of switches: Touchscreen.
- Dishwasher safe: Yes.
- Warranty: 10 years.
- Extra Features: Wireless connectivity, programmable timer, program settings, self-detect technology, self-cleaning, friction heating, and Vitamix vortex.
The A3500 is an amazing blender, undoubtedly the best that Vitamix can offer today. It looks good, is up-to-date, and comes with a handy touchscreen interface.
It has a fabulous design with a sleek black finish. With the included 64oz container, you can make food for a medium-sized family with ease. This is one of the only blenders out there with wireless connectivity.
Performance-wise, the A3500 is incredible. It turns almost anything and everything to powder or mush in no time. It has a powerful 2.2HP motor and solid stainless steel blades.
The blender can chop, heat, grind, blend, and emulsify equally well. The variable speed control and the programmable timer make using this blender a fun experience.
This blender is pretty compact and lightweight. You should be able to store it in an average-sized kitchen cabinet. The A3500 has a self-cleaning function, and it’s one of the few Vitamix machines with dishwasher-friendly jars.
This blender has an outstanding 10-year warranty. You pay through your nose for the A3500, but you will doubtless recoup your investment in the long run. You might also be interested in our review of the Vitamix a3500 vs 780 model.
- Stunning modern design with a beautiful LED screen (absent in the 750).
- Performs as well as the 750 while remaining suitable for medium quantities of food.
- Has an all-inclusive 10-year warranty.
- It’s an extremely expensive blender.
- The other Ascent Series may offer better value for money – like the A2500.
- Not suitable for commercial use, unlike the 750.
The Vitamix 750 Blender
The 750 is a professional-grade blender – the kind you see in top-tier restaurants. It comes with a classy stainless steel finish and is as sturdy as a tank.
You can get this blender in black, red, or slate color options. The appliance comes with a large 64oz container. You can make large batches of food in this blender, and run it as long as you like.
Performance-wise, the 750 is excellent. It has a powerful motor and top-tier, stainless steel blades. They can plow through the densest of ingredients without trouble.
You can make your favorite foods in a hassle-free manner with the help of pre-programmed settings. The only drawback of this blender is that it can’t process small quantities of food all that well.
You won’t have trouble cleaning this blender. The self-cleaning option works well and saves you much time. You can also stow it in small storage spaces. The 7-year warranty will give you peace of mind.
- An upgrade over the 5300 with a quieter housing and cooler-running motor.
- Blends large quantities of food without breaking a sweat.
- Comes with pre-programmed buttons for automatic blending.
- Extremely expensive – much more so than a refurbished 5300.
- Not suitable for small batches of food like the E310.
- A slight challenge to clean.
Conclusion – Our Recommendations
The 750 is as good as the A3500 in terms of performance, but it doesn’t have any of the bells and whistles. As such, we recommend the A3500 over the 750, especially since both blenders cost around the same.
Use the 750 when –
- You want to make large quantities of food.
- You want a durable, commercial blender for professional use.
- You like old-school Vitamix
Use the A3500 when –
- You want the best of what Vitamix has to offer at present.
- You want to make medium quantities of food.
- You love high-tech features like touchscreens and Bluetooth.
Add Your Heading Text Here
Add Your Heading Text Here
Add Your Heading Text Here
Hi, I am Charms, a self-confessed smoothie fanatic! Here I will share some of my favorite smoothie recipes, tips and guides and gear reviews. Learn more .