I am a great fan of smoothies; they are convenient, nutritious, and easy to fix. They are my go-to option for a quick breakfast or a mid-day pick-me-up. You will find that most smoothie recipes have yogurt as one of their ingredients for several reasons. Yogurt is an excellent thickener for smoothies and contains many nutrients, such as protein and calcium.
So, what do you do if you want your smoothie fix but are not a yogurt fan? Well, we have the perfect solution; actually, we have more than twelve solutions. Below you will find our favorite smoothie recipes without yogurt.
If you want a strawberry banana smoothie, strawberry smoothie, blueberry smoothie, cherry smoothie, or a green smoothie without yogurt, we have you covered. I hope you enjoy our list of smoothie recipes and happy blending!
How To Make a Smoothie Without Yogurt
Making a smoothie is pretty simple. You add some fruit, vegetables, liquid, thickener if necessary, and a healthy add-on.
Yogurt is a frequent add-on ingredient in smoothies. It serves several functions in a smoothie, such as acting as a thickener for smoothies.
Secondly, yogurt is favored for its nutritional benefits. Yogurt’s nutritional profile packs quite a punch. It contains active probiotics, protein, calcium, vitamins B6 and B12, riboflavin, potassium, and magnesium.
We have provided a few yogurt substitutes if you are trying to figure out how to make a smoothie without yogurt.
There are several other smoothie ingredients you can add to your smoothie if you don’t want to use yogurt. I hope you find our list below of yogurt alternatives useful.
- Coconut Cream: Coconut cream should not be confused with its counterpart, coconut milk. Coconut cream is made from coconut milk. The coconut milk is chilled, and the thick cream that floats on top is skimmed off. This thick cream tastes like coconut.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is made by grating the coconut meat with water or blending the coconut meat with water and straining the pulp. The remaining liquid is called coconut milk.
- Almond Milk Yogurt, Soy yogurt, or Coconut Yogurt: If you are lactose intolerant and want the same benefits as regular yogurt, there are numerous dairy-free alternatives. These options are not only creamy and delicious, but they contain protein and calcium, and they also contain live active cultures.
- Chia Seeds: I love using chia seeds in my smoothies. Chia seeds are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and powerful antioxidants. They are not only an excellent thickener for smoothies, but they are also a healthy addition to your smoothies.
- Protein Powders: There are several protein powders on the market. I am a great fan of organic plant-based, vanilla-flavored protein powders since it combines well with fruit smoothies.
- Avocado: If you want to give your smoothies an additional nutritional kick, avocados are the perfect addition. They provide a creamy texture to your smoothies, and they also have a very mild flavor, so they won’t affect the taste of your smoothie. An added benefit is avocados are a great source of vitamins E, K, C, and B6. Avocados also contain riboflavin, niacin, folate, magnesium, potassium, and pantothenic acid. Avocados also provide beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are another unusual addition to smoothies. They are a great way to thicken and sweeten smoothies. They are also a healthy addition to smoothies since they are rich in vitamin a and other vitamins and minerals.
- Bananas: Bananas are a personal favorite for smoothies. They are a great way to make your smoothie creamy and thick and also a great sweetener. An added benefit is bananas are also good for you.
- Nut Butters: There is a wide variety of nut butter, you have almond, hazelnut, cashew, and soy nut butter, and the list is endless. Nut butter is not only a source of protein but also provides fiber and healthy fats that are good for you.
Yogurt Free Smoothie Recipes
Below you will see our list of yogurt-free smoothie recipes. Happy blending!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt
This smoothie recipe is not the traditional strawberry and banana smoothie. The addition of peanut butter gives it a unique twist. However, peanut butter is a great source of healthy fats and protein. This recipe uses almond milk, however, if you prefer you can use cashew or coconut milk.
This smoothie tastes as good as it looks! It’s hard to go wrong with the combination of strawberries and bananas. However, the addition of orange juice takes it to a whole new level and is an excellent source of vitamin c. With only four ingredients, this smoothie is easy to prepare and guaranteed to tantalize your taste buds.
This recipe is a classic strawberry banana smoothie, but this recipe does not contain yogurt. All it has is strawberry, banana, and milk. You can use any type of milk; however, I am partial to almond milk. This smoothie is easy to prepare and guaranteed to be a hit amongst adults and kids.
The combination of strawberries and bananas is a match in smoothie heaven! This fruit combination just always works. To complete this smoothie, add some ice, dairy, or plant-based milk, and it’s ready. If you need an extra smoothie boost, add some protein powder, seeds, or fresh greens.
This strawberry banana smoothie utilizes apples which is a natural sweetener. The recipe recommends you use water; however, if you prefer, you can use almond milk, rice milk, or coconut milk instead.
Strawberry Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt
Your family will love this easy smoothie recipe. It is quick, easy, and loved by both adults and kids. This recipe only has four ingredients, almond milk, frozen strawberries, an extremely ripe banana, and for an extra boost, add chia seeds or flaxseeds.
Adding avocado and coconut milk makes this strawberry smoothie thick and creamy and gives you a healthy dose of fats that will keep you full of energy for hours.
This smoothie is the perfect breakfast smoothie! You have strawberries and blueberries combined with oats and almond milk for a glassful of creamy smoothie goodness. The addition of chia seeds gives you an extra nutritional boost.
This smoothie has a bit of everything and is an excellent option for breakfast or a mid-day pick-me-up. You have protein from the protein powder, you get additional vitamins and minerals from the kale, and the strawberries and pineapples supply you with extra vitamins. Finally, the bananas and almond milk make this smoothie thick and creamy.
Yes, this smoothie tastes as good as it looks. The best thing about it is it’s so easy to prepare. You only need three ingredients, strawberries, watermelon, and orange juice.
Fruit Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt
This smoothie recipe should be named “the fully loaded.” There are so many healthy ingredients packed into it I don’t know where to start.!
This smoothie is nutrient-dense with the addition of cacao powder, hemp hearts, chia seeds, and collagen peptides.
Adding plant-based milk and cherries means you will have a delicious chocolate cherry smoothie that will quickly become your new go-to smoothie.
Hmmm….. cherry pie for breakfast? What more could you ask for in a smoothie? This delicious smoothie is perfect for breakfast or as a nourishing pick-me-up. Adding oats and chia seeds makes it cream and adds fiber to your smoothie.
I have always been a fan of berries in smoothies. This smoothie utilizes frozen raspberries, which are combined with frozen ripe bananas. These smoothie ingredients give your smoothie a nice thick, creamy texture. Adding chia seeds and vanilla protein powder gives you an additional nutritional boost.
This Berry Banana Oat Smoothie is quick and easy to prepare. It only has four ingredients, banana, oats, mixed berries, and coconut milk. The beauty of this smoothie is it is dairy-free and vegan.
I have always been a lover of blueberries. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this smoothie recipe. The addition of banana and pineapples makes this smoothie irresistible. The addition of coconut milk gives this smoothie a nice creamy texture. Adding nut butter and flaxseed provides this smoothie with an additional nutritional punch!
I usually have matcha tea every morning, so I was intrigued when I saw this recipe. You see a few smoothies that incorporate matcha; however, as it gains popularity, you will be more likely to find it in smoothies.
For those who don’t know, matcha is green tea in powdered form. Other ingredients utilized in this smoothie are blueberries, spinach, avocado, and vanilla almond milk. The nutritional content of this smoothie makes it an ideal breakfast smoothie.
This smoothie has five ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make. This smoothie has two of our favorite smoothie ingredients, blueberries and bananas. It also has a hint of vanilla with the addition of vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, and vanilla protein.
There is just something about the combination of pineapples and coconuts. It instantly brings back memories of the Caribbean and white sand beaches. This pineapple coconut smoothie is dairy-free and vegan and contains only four ingredients.
Green Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt
Spinach is one of my favorite greens for smoothies. It is packed with minerals and vitamins, and most importantly, it has a mild green taste that can be easily disguised with fruits. This recipe uses apples, bananas, and oranges which mask the green taste perfectly.
I was piqued when I saw this recipe. I am used to seeing green smoothies made with spinach, kale, or even collard greens. I am also used to seeing the usual suspects for fruits used in smoothies. This recipe is unique; it contains honeydew melon, cucumbers, coconut milk, and coconut water.
This green smoothie is great for getting your daily dose of green vegetables. Kale and spinach provide a variety of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin c, vitamin a, vitamin k, manganese, iron, folate, and potassium. A medley of fruits such as pineapples, mangoes, and kiwis disguises the green taste.
This smoothie tastes as good as it looks. It’s hard to go wrong with a combination of kale and pineapple. Adding chia seeds will give you a little boost of fiber and omega-3s. The addition of creamy coconut milk provides this smoothie with a tropical flair; you will feel like you are sipping a pina colada on the beach.
Hi, I am Charms, a self-confessed smoothie fanatic! Here I will share some of my favorite smoothie recipes, tips and guides and gear reviews. Learn more .