I remember the first time I purchased my magic bullet, I went on a smoothie blitz. After a while, I wondered what else this beautiful machine could do. Hence the question is, can you use a magic bullet as a food processor.
A short answer to your question is while a magic bullet can chop food into chunks, grind and puree, it is not meant to be a food processor. You will not be able to shred, grate or slice items like a traditional food processor.
However, if you want the best of both worlds have a look at the magic bullet kitchen express blender and food processor combo.
Magic Bullet vs Food Processor
If you are curious about the differences between a magic bullet and a food processor here are a few key differences.
- Don’t expect neatly chopped vegetables or grated cheese with your magic bullet. The best you might get is chunks.
- The magic bullet is best for smoothies, soups, and purees.
- A food processor comes with a larger container.
- The blades on a magic bullet are meant to turn hard objects into liquid. A food processor on the other hand is meant to slice, chop and grate food products and tends to have sharper blades.
- A magic bullet tends to have more blending power than a food processor.
What Is the Difference Between a Food Processor and a Blender?
Food processors and blenders are very different appliances. Nowadays you will find a number of blender food processors on the market and if you are inclined to get these two appliances this might be a great compromise.
However, if you are interested in the differences between a blender and a food processor have a look at our list below.
- Blenders tend to have more power.
- Blender blades are meant to crush hard items. The blades on food processors are meant to slice, dice or grate.
- Blenders tend to have a narrow tall container. Food processors on the other hand tend to have short wide containers.
- Blenders are used to liquify foods. Food processors are used to slice, dice, grate and chop food items.
What can a Magic Bullet do?
One of the beauties of a magic bullet is it is cheap and powerful. A magic bullet can chop, blend, mix or whip food items.
If you have a flat blade you can grind spices and coffee. Magic bullet has also introduced an ice crusher blade if you want to crush ice or frozen fruit.
If you are interested in a blender food processor combo magic bullet has the magic bullet kitchen express blender food processor combo.
The magic bullet chops, mixes, blends, whips, grinds, and more all at an affordable price!
When Should You Use a Food Processor
A food processor is ideal if you want to chop or mince fruits or vegetables. It is also good at mixing dry ingredients and blitzing mixtures into fine granules.
A food processor is great if you want to make food items such as nut butter or hummus. It is also good for mixing doughs like pie crust or pizza dough.
When You Should Use a Magic Bullet Blender
A magic bullet blender is a great single-serve blender. If you plan to make mostly smoothies or purees this single-serve blender is ideal.
An added benefit is the price. It is much cheaper than a full-size blender and other single-serve blenders on the market. Keep in mind you can also grind spices and coffee beans if you get a milling blade.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a baby bullet and a magic bullet?
A magic bullet is marketed as a smoothie maker and is recommended for making smoothies, chopping, pureeing, and grinding dry ingredients if you have the flat blade accessory.
The baby bullet is mainly marketed as a baby food blender. The baby bullet also comes with containers for baby food rather than the typical containers of the magic bullet.
Does magic bullet chop vegetables?
Yes, you can chop vegetables in a magic bullet. You won’t have a uniform cut but it can be done.
Can you chop onions in a magic bullet?
Yes, you can chop onions in a magic bullet.
Can you chop garlic in a magic bullet?
Yes, you can chop garlic in a magic bullet.
Does Magic Bullet puree?
Yes, you can puree in a magic bullet.
As we stated above while a magic bullet is extremely versatile, it was not meant to be used as a food processor. Your best option would be to get a magic bullet that has a food processor attachment.