The magic bullet was one of the first blenders that I owned and it is still one of my favorites. I know most people want to crush ice in their blends, however, I am sure you are wondering, can you put ice in a magic bullet?
The answer is yes and no! I know I haven’t given you a straight answer but bear with me. The magic bullet user guide states you should not try to blend ice without adding liquid.
They state that the magic bullet is not intended to be an ice crusher. They state that attempting to crush ice may damage the cross blade or cause the unit to malfunction.
That being said there are two workarounds. The first option is you can add small ice chips, however, it is still recommended that you add water. The second option is you can get the magic bullet ice crusher blade if you want to crush ice in your magic bullet.
What does Nutribullet say about the magic bullet?
In its user guide Nutribullet states that the magic bullet should never be run without food or liquid ingredients in any of the cups. It states that the magic bullet is not intended to be an ice crush.
They further state that attempting to crush ice may cause permanent damage to the cross blades or may cause the unit to malfunction.
- Say what nutribullet says about the magic bullet in its recommendations. You can find the information here.
Which Magic Bullet can you use to crush ice?
There are three models of magic bullet. They are listed below:
- Magic Bullet Blender – Can crush small pieces of ice but it is not recommended. You can purchase the magic bullet crusher blade which is compatible with this model.
- Magic Bullet Mini – This small bullet blender is ideal for travel. Its small size makes it ideal for small kitchens, the office, dorm rooms or trailers. This blender is not as powerful as the original magic bullet and we wouldn’t recommend it for crushing ice.
- Magic Bullet Kitchen Express – This is a small, compact blender food processor combo. This makes it easy to blend, chop, mix, slce, shred and more. However, we would not recommend that you use this model to crush ice.
Can the magic bullet mini crush ice?
This model of magic bullet is not recommended to crush ice.
How to crush ice in a magic bullet?
A Magic bullet blender is not ideal for crushing ice. However, if you want to take this route consider the following:
- Use ice chips not ice cubes.
- Make sure you add liquid.
- Use the special blade recommended by the manufacturers.
Can a magic bullet crush frozen fruit ?
Yes you can use a magic bullet to crush frozen fruit. However, it is recommended that you add some type of liquid.
What can you put in a magic bullet?
The beauty of a magic bullet is it is so versatile and it comes at such a low price point. So in response to our question, what can you put in a magic bullet? Here is what you can do in a magic bullet:
Chopping: You can chop veggies, onions or garlic. You can also make chunky salsas or bean dips.
Blending: You can blend smoothies, make frozen drinks or coffee drinks
Pureeing: You can make soups, vegetable or fruit purees or curry pastes.
Mincing: You can use the magic bullet to mince meats.
Milling: You can add quinoa, oats etc. to get a flour-like consistency.
Grinding: You can grind your coffee beans in your magic bullet.
Emulsifying: The magic bullet is great for making mayonnaise, salad dressings and marinades.
The magic bullet is not suitable for crushing ice. However, if you definitely want to crush ice in your magic bullet use small ice chips and add liquid.
There is also a special blade that is compatible with the original magic bullet that converts your magic bullet into an ice crushing device.
Our recommendation is that you use a more powerful blender. Nutribullet the makers of the magic bullet blender state that the blender is not ideal for crushing ice.