When you need a modern blender with up-to-date internals, the Vitamix Ascent series is arguably your best bet. It features top-of-the-line blenders with the latest tech, polished exteriors, and the signature Vitamix reliability. We’ll be comparing the Vitamix a2500 vs a3500 for you here to help you pick the better one amongst the two.
The Vitamix a2500 vs a3500 – Which is the Best?
To give you some context, the Ascent Series comprises of 4 blenders: A2300, the A2500, the A3300, and the A3500.
The prices – and features – go up from the beginning to the end. This makes the A2500 a middle-of-the-road blender, and the A3500 the premium model.
In our books, the A3500 is the best when pitted against the A2500. But there are some caveats, which we get into later. Here is a quick rundown of why A3500 is better:
- The A3500 has more program presets than the A2500.
- It has a programmable timer for auto-shutoff.
- The A3500 has a more durable, more polished stainless steel body.
- The A3500 is slightly quieter than the A2500.
- It has nifty touch controls.
Key Differences: A2500 and the A3500
- Program presets: The A2500 comes with 3 blend presets, the A3500 5 in total. These are in-built presets you can use without the smartphone app.
- Programmable timer: The A3500 (and the A3300) comes with a programmable timer function that allows you to run the blender for a specified time. Afterward, the blender will shut itself off.
- Body material: The A2500 has a plastic body that’s high-quality and pretty durable. The A3500 has an even more durable, high-quality stainless steel body.
- Noise: Thanks to the stainless steel body, the A3500 runs slightly quieter than the A2500 – which is a quiet blender in its own right.
- Touch controls: The A3500 is one of the only blenders out there with touch controls. You can adjust its speeds and make your favorite drinks just by tapping the touch-screen panel.
- Price: The A2500 is an expensive blender in the $500 and above price range. The A3500 is an even more expensive option, costing about $100 more than the A2500.
Similarities between the A3500 and the A2500
- Size and shape: There’s very little difference between the size, shape, and general heft of the two blenders. The A2500 is H 17.1” x W 8.0” x D 11.3”, while the A3300 is H 17.0” x W 11.1” x D 11.1”. The former weighs 14.9lbs, while the latter weighs 12.0lbs.
- Container: Both blenders come with the same BPA-free plastic container that weighs 2.7lbs and can hold 64oz of liquid.
- Performance: As both blenders have the same 2.2HP motor, 2-pronged stainless steel blades, and container, they blend equally well.
- Vitamix app: Both blenders share the Vitamix app, which you can access on your smartphone and use to control your blender. The app comes with 17 programmed presets for quick food-making.
- Cleaning: Both blenders have the same dishwasher-safe container. You can also clean them by putting water and soap into the jar and turning the appliance on.
- Food prep: You can make both wet and dry foods with these two blenders, although we recommend you buy a separate dry grains container if you wish to make flour. All Vitamix blenders can blend, chop, mince, and knead.
- Heating: The A2500 and A3500 have friction heating blades. In other words, the blades spin so fast that they produce heat. You can heat food or even cook it in the main jar.
- Self-Detect: Finally, the self-detect technology allows the blender to figure out and adjust itself to the container you put on it.
The A2500 Ascent Series Smart Blender Review
The A2500 is one of the cheaper blenders in the Ascent series. You can get it in 4 sleek, attractive colors: black, red, slate, and white. The blender comes with a standard on/off & pulse switches.
You can control the blender’s speed with a conventional dial. The 64oz container is great for making medium-large quantities of food and drink, perfect for the typical family.
Performance-wise, the A2500 is outstanding. It will turn even the densest of solids into powder in record time. This includes fruits, vegetables, and ice. You can make anything you want, from smoothies to hot soup.
You can make your favorite foods quickly with the pre-program settings, and the machine will make adjustments on the fly with self-detect tech.
Cleaning this machine is a breeze – it’s self-cleaning and dishwasher safe. It’s fairly compact too, which means you can place it in any small space without trouble.
The container can be a little hard to handle. Also, you may need to buy a smaller container if you wish to make small servings.
- Cheaper than the A3500.
- Incredible performance, solid design.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Lacks some features found in the A3500.
- Doesn’t have a premium stainless steel body.
- Slightly noisier than the A3500.
The A3500 Ascent Series Smart Blender Review
- Power: 2.2HP.
- Jar Capacity: 64oz.
- Speeds: 10 variable speed dial.
- Dishwasher safe: Yes.
- Warranty: 10-year full warranty.
- Extra Features: Friction heating, Vitamix Vortex, self-cleaning, Self-Detect Technology, Wireless Connectivity, Digital Timer, Vitamix Blending App, Touch Controls, 5 Blending Presets, and User Set Timer.
A3500 is Vitamix at its finest: polished, stunning, and long-lasting. The A3500 is one of Vitamix’s most expensive offerings and perhaps the best.
Unlike the A2500, the A3500 comes with a brushed stainless steel body, giving it a premium look and making it super durable.
It has a standard dial for speed control. But, unlike most blenders, it has a touch-screen interface.
The 2.2HP motor is identical to the one in the A2500. It will blend anything and everything you throw at it without breaking a sweat.
You can control this blender with your smartphone and make your favorite foods in a hassle-free way.
The programmable timer allows you to run the blender for a set period. You can expect lump-free, fully-processed foods and drinks.
Thanks to its stainless steel body, the A3500 will retain its looks for longer. Also, steel is better than plastic at absorbing noise.
This allows the A3500 to run quieter than many blenders, although it’s still loud. You get 2 more blending presets from the A3500 than the A2500.
These are in-built. However, if you use the Vitamix app, both blenders will offer 17 program presets. You might also be interested in our reviews of the Vitamix a3300 vs a3500 models.
- Offers more quality-of-life features than the A2500.
- Amazing stainless steel body.
- Runs noticeably quieter than the A2500 and performs just as well.
- Costs more than the A2500.
- Extremely expensive overall.
- The extra preset features are superfluous due to the Vitamix app.
Conclusion – Our Recommendations
The A3500 is doubtless the better blender in terms of feature and build quality. It costs $100 more, but the extra quality-of-life improvements and the stainless steel body make it a worthwhile investment in our books.
In general, buy the A2500 if –
- You want a premium, high-quality Ascent series blender.
- You don’t want to fork out an extra $100 for a few extra bells and whistles.
Buy the A3500 if –
- You want a durable stainless steel body.
- You want a touch-screen interface.
In terms of performance, both the A2500 and the A3500 are exceptional, and you can’t go wrong with either.